If you are providing your own primers, please follow the following recommendations:
- Provide at least 5 uM of primer per reaction. (at a concentration between 5-10 µM)
- Select and design a primer that only primes at one location on your template and does not form secondary structures or primer dimers.
- The ideal primer length for sequencing is typically between 18 and 24 bp.
- Ideal Tm should be 60° C, as we can not modify the annealing temperature on our PCR machines for individual orders.
- Primers should have about 50% G-C content.